Thursday, October 12, 2017

A Book in Quotes - Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi

Image result for ignite me by tahereh mafi
Page #s based off of US paperback

'My eyes are filling fast with tears and I blink and blink but the world is a mess and I want to laugh because all I can think is how horrible and beautiful it is, that our eyes blur the truth when we can't bear to see it.' (pg. 5)

'There's a strange kind of freedom in the dark; a terrifying vulnerability we allow ourselves at exactly the wrong moment, tricked by the darkness into thinking it will keep our secrets.' (pg. 50)

'No gun, no sword, no army or king will ever be more powerful than a sentence' (pg. 121)

'Sometimes I wonder if the planets are still up there, still aligned, still managing to get along after all this time.' (pg. 154)

'Words are like seeds, I think, planted into our hearts at a tender age.' (pg. 358)

'We are hours and minutes reaching for the same second, holding hands as we spin forward into new days and the promise of something better.' (pg. 365)


No comments:

Post a Comment